[et-mgmt-tools] Installation issue with cobbler

Chris Sarginson chris.sarginson at ukfast.net
Fri Jan 11 10:34:50 UTC 2008

Viswanath T K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did try using a Fedora 7 distribution and cobbler did work. But it
> didnt work for the a kernel with Xen support.
>
> cant we do that ?

I think what you will need to do is use the Fedora 7 distro to do the
install, however in your kickstart file you should include kernel-xen so
that the xen kernel is installed if you are going to be setting up xen
vm's on the server

Chris

> the output of cobbler profile report fc7xenwebservers is as below :
> profile         : fc7xenwebservers
> distro          : fc7xen
> kickstart       : /etc/cobbler/default.ks
> kernel options  : {}
> ks metadata     : {}
> virt file size  : 5
> virt ram        : 512
> virt type       : auto
> virt path       :
> virt bridge     : xenbr0
> virt cpus       : 1
> repos           : []
> dhcp tag        : default
> server          : <<inherit>>
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Viswanath T K
>
> On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 10:35 -0500, Michael DeHaan wrote:
>>>
>>> 7. When I select fc7xenwebservers then I get the error, "Invalid or
>>> corrupt kernel image". Can anyone help me ?
>>>    If I select local nothing happens.
>>>
>> You can't PXE boot a Xen kernel/initrd pair.
>>
>> Those are for installing paravirt Xen guests, not hosts.
>>
>> I would suspect if you did "cobbler profile report fc7xenwebservers" you
>> would find
>> that the distro has the name "xen" in it somewhere.
>>
>> --Michael

Kind regards

Chris Sarginson
Technical Support
UKFast.Net Ltd

(t) 0870 111 8866
(f) 0870 458 4545

"The UK's Best Hosting Provider" ISPA Awards 2007, 2006 and 2005

Dedicated Servers - Managed Hosting - Domain Names- http://www.ukfast.net

UKFast.Net Ltd, City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester, M1 4BT
Registered in England. Number 384 5616