[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manager 0.4.0 - paravirt xen guests

Adam Stokes astokes at redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 20:57:30 UTC 2008

Attempting to increase the max and current allocation for a non running
guests fails to set both values.

The failure occurs within this function on the conditional
(virtManager/details.py->virtManager/domain.py) :

def set_memory(self, memory):
        memory = int(memory)
        if (memory > self.maximum_memory()):
            logging.warning("Requested memory " + str(memory) + " over
maximum " + str(self.maximum_memory()))
            memory = self.maximum_memory()
        self.vm.setMemory(memory)

>From my investigation self.maximum_memory() seems to pull older
information from the record list resulting in the above failure.

Now the strange thing is once I set the max memory, click apply, then
set current allocation the memory will set as expected.

Is this expected behavior? If not, I thought perhaps pulling the
information from the max memory spin button and testing against that as
well would either fix or workaround this issue but I'm not sure that is
the best approach.

Thanks!

--
Adam Stokes (astokes at redhat.com)