[et-mgmt-tools] Crash of cobbler on x86_64 machine

Vladimir Fekete fekete at melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk
Tue Jan 29 11:31:30 UTC 2008

Hi,
  I tryied to add epel to yum repos using:
rpm -Uvh http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-2.noarch.rpm

and after update yum said that there is missing dependency for python:

Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for cobbler to pack into transaction set.
cobbler-0.6.4-2.el5.noarc 100% |=========================|  37 kB    00:00
---> Package cobbler.noarch 0:0.6.4-2.el5 set to be updated
---> Downloading header for koan to pack into transaction set.
koan-0.6.3-3.el5.noarch.r 100% |=========================| 7.8 kB    00:00
---> Package koan.noarch 0:0.6.3-3.el5 set to be updated
---> Downloading header for python-cheetah to pack into transaction set.
python-cheetah-2.0-0.6.rc 100% |=========================|  23 kB    00:00
---> Package python-cheetah.x86_64 0:2.0-0.6.rc8.el5 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) for package: python-cheetah
--> Processing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 for package: python-cheetah
--> Processing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 for package: koan
--> Processing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 for package: cobbler
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by package python-cheetah
Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package python-cheetah
Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package koan
Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package cobbler

which is true, because after last upgrade python was in version 2.3.4 but
this is problem of ScientificLinux. Anyway, there is tftp server available
as well as som pxe utils, so I should be able to make what I need without using
cobbler.

 V.