[et-mgmt-tools] koan patch: reinstall from kickstart file without a cobbler server

Gavin Romig-Koch gavin at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 20:44:59 UTC 2008

koan patch: reinstall from kickstart file without a cobbler server

This is my first crack at a koan patch to do this, please review it and
consider it for inclusion in koan, I'm happy to make whatever changes
are needed, and fix whatever mistakes I've made.

This patch alters koan to allow it reinstall a machine from a kickstart
file, without the need for a cobbler server.  It's a rather large patch
given what it does.  Most of the changes are updating koan not to assume
that it is connected to a cobbler server.

If you specify the --kickstart=URL option instead of a --server option,
it will load the kickstart file from the given URL.  From the kickstart
file it determines the URL of the install tree, and gets the install
kernel and initrd from within the install tree.

-gavin...