[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler-1.0.1-2 - build problem using koan

Adam Rosenwald thestrider at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 10:52:47 UTC 2008

Tom,

Please provide the following info:

    * What does /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/xxxxxxx look like (where xxxxxxxx
      corresponds to your system)?
          o Is xinetd (or standalone tftpd) running?
    * What does the host entry (corresponding to your system) in
      /etc/dhcpd.conf look like?
          o Is dhcpd running?
    * Are you 100% positive that there is an ethernet link on eth0 and
      not on some other NIC? (you may want to try setting ksdevice=link
      in your tftp boot file)?
    * Do you observe dhcp-related noise on the cobbler server (tcpdump,
      etc.) indicating that the provisioned system is communicating
      properly?  Are there any f/w's, vlan issues (you may need a dhcp
      helper address if your system is on a separate vlan than the
      cobbler server), etc. that might interfere with the boot process?
    * Can you provide a more detailed list of what shows up on the
      console during the boot process?

Regards,

 - A.