[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler-1.0.1-2 - build problem using koan

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Tue Jul 1 11:18:03 UTC 2008

>     * What does /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/xxxxxxx look like (where
>       xxxxxxxx corresponds to your system)?
>           o Is xinetd (or standalone tftpd) running?
>     * What does the host entry (corresponding to your system) in
>       /etc/dhcpd.conf look like?
>           o Is dhcpd running?
>     * Are you 100% positive that there is an ethernet link on eth0 and
>       not on some other NIC? (you may want to try setting
>       ksdevice=link in your tftp boot file)?
>     * Do you observe dhcp-related noise on the cobbler server
>       (tcpdump, etc.) indicating that the provisioned system is
>       communicating properly?  Are there any f/w's, vlan issues (you
>       may need a dhcp helper address if your system is on a separate
>       vlan than the cobbler server), etc. that might interfere with
>       the boot process?
>     * Can you provide a more detailed list of what shows up on the
>       console during the boot process?

in addition to not using DHCP the box that i am trying to get cobbler
running already provisions machines using kickstart over http using a
bit of a home brew system. I am trying to get rid of this system and use
cobbler like we do in other environments so from a network level there
should be no issues getting the install tree over http as it already
does that and i can get the kickstart etc over http to the client with a
wget and it looks correct so i am a little stumped.