[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler on Xen

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 17:37:05 UTC 2008

Is there a guide to getting started with cobbler on xen?

I just started bozoing around, didn't have much luck.
Then I realized the difference between running on
boxes with hardware virtualization support, and those
without.  The first box I tried requires paravirtualization,
and probably requires a more complicated setup,  I'm
still working through that issue.

Some of my questions will veer off topic but I think think
they will still be within the expertise of folks who hang
around here.

First, where do you recommend running the cobbler
server?  On the dom0 vm, or in a separate domU vm?

In either case, is there anything else you would recommend
running in the same vm as cobbler?

Any selinux issues?  There is a setroubleshoot page that
runs under X, that really makes it a lot easier to troubleshoot
selinux, but I really don't want to run X on all my vms.

Does anyone here know of an equivalent that doesn't
require X?

--
Drew Einhorn