[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manager error in Fedora8+xen3.2

fan he hefaneden at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 03:56:38 UTC 2008

Hi

I'm sorry for this repeated question, but i failed to start my virt-manager
in Fedora8+xen3.2, error shows like:

Unable to open connection to hypervisor URI 'xen:///':
<class 'libvirt.libvirtError'> virConnectOpenReadOnly() failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 307, in
_open_thread
    self.vmm = libvirt.openReadOnly(self.uri)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 148, in
openReadOnly
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenReadOnly() failed')
libvirtError: virConnectOpenReadOnly() failed

I download and install xen3.2 on Fedora8 successfully.

There is always a warning ask me to disable tls in /lib/tls before the OS
begining, though making initrd.img after mv /lib/tls /lib/tls.disable and
i am sure the Dom0 works well. I use "yum install virt-manager" to setup
virt-manager and it should be the lastest version. I restart the xend with
no error.

Is there a compatiable error using xen3.2 and virt-manager? Or the /lib/tls
do bad to my virt-manager? Any patches?

Beg for any replies, thanks.

Oscar