[et-mgmt-tools] Fwd: remote virtual terminals

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 04:43:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a bunch of software that is not playing well together.

I have Hardy Heron laptotp with a ssh connection to a remote RHEL5 Xen Dom0.

I'm using cobbler/koan attempting to provision RHEL5 DomU vitual machines.

I run koan --virt --nogfx ...  on the Dom0 and it sucessfully starts the new
DomU VM.

I successfully connect to the VM using virsh on the Dom0 via the ssh
connection
from my Hardy laptop.

The RHEL5 installer attempts to set up networking using DHCP and runs
astray.
I need to do Ctl-Alt-Fn to access alternate Virtual Consoles on the virsh
console
on the DomU to troubleshoot the DHCP issue.  But the Hardy laptop is
catching
the Ctrl-Alt-Fn and presenting alternate Virtual Consoles on the laptop
instead of
sending to them  to the remote virsh console. through the ssh connection

Is there a better way to get access to a shell and a bunch of logs on the
DomU.
--
Drew Einhorn

--