[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler check >> #0: please create directory: -v

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 2 14:01:19 UTC 2008

Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just ran cobbler check (On the latest download) and it told me the
> following:
>
> [root at localhost cobbler]# cobbler check
> The following potential problems were detected:
> #0: please create directory: -v
> #1: directory needs to be created: -v
> #2: One or more kickstart templates references default password
> 'cobbler' and should be changed for security reasons:
> /etc/cobbler/sample.ks, /etc/cobbler/legacy.ks,
> /etc/cobbler/sample_end.ks
>
> #0 and #1 seem a bit odd?  Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> - Ole

Please post the full contents of your /etc/tftp.d/init.d file as well as
what OS you are using (rpm -q --what-provides redhat-release).     Since
the default location in F9 (/var/lib/tftpboot) is different than those
in previous versions (/tftpboot), Cobbler needs to parse this file to
find out what location you are using.

It expects to see something like:

        server_args             = -s /tftpboot

Something in your file is confusing the parser.