[et-mgmt-tools] koan-0.8.0-1.el5 - RHEL5 u2 - Xen/libvirt Issue

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 3 14:36:21 UTC 2008

Tom Brown wrote:
> Michael DeHaan wrote:
>> Tom Brown wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Trying to create virt machines on a RHEL5u2 dom0 and during the
>>> configuration by koan i get the following.
>>>
>>> libvir: Xen error : Domain not found: xenUnifiedDomainLookupByUUID
>>> libvir: Xen error : Domain not found: xenUnifiedDomainLookupByName
>>>
>>> I also notice that the filesystem is only 1 gig whereas its set to 5
>>> gig in the profile.
>>
>> What version of Cobbler and koan?
>

> cobbler-0.8.2-1 - RHEL4 u5
> koan-0.8.0-1.el5 - RHEL5 u2

Regarding the stale data, please upgrade to the latest release (1.0) of
each.   While I do not think koan required any explicit restarts of
cobblerd to apply changes to koan, it very well could have.   This
should be streamlined in 1.0 (so things are fully dynamic) and I would
need to know if it's not so I can fix it.  I expect it works fine there.

As for the above messages from Xen, I'm not sure they are actual errors,
or if they are just noise.   I believe they are just noise, as with the
"GET" failed message you'll also see when running installs.   Can anyone
on the libvirt side of things confirm where that's coming from?