[et-mgmt-tools] TFTP Troubleshooting

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 3 17:39:42 UTC 2008

Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I did check that :-).  My configuration looks like this:
>
> # default: off
> service tftp
> {
>        disable = no
>        socket_type             = dgram
>        protocol                = udp
>        wait                    = yes
>        user                    = root
>        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
>        server_args             = -s /tftpboot
>        per_source              = 11
>        cps                     = 100 2
>        flags                   = IPv4
> }
>
> Thanks,
> - Ole

Stick "-vvv" after "-s /tftpboot" and check /var/log/messages and
compare them with the messages you are seeing on the client.
If it helps to convey what you are seeing, take a picture of the booting
client with a camera.    Share the text of both.

Generally debugging TFTP, firewalls, and network setup is off-topic for
this list as it doesn't pertain directly to Cobbler or the virt tools, a
good place for this if you can join is #cobbler on irc.freenode.net.