[et-mgmt-tools] Re: cobbler aclsetup feature

Peter Wright wright at imageworks.com
Fri Jun 6 21:15:36 UTC 2008

Robin Bowes wrote:
> Michael DeHaan wrote:
>
>> So one of the requests I've gotten a lot is how can I run cobbler as
>> non-root.
>>

> Er, won't sudo take care of this?

well cobbler will still run as root, won't it ;)

a side effect of using sudo to run cobbler commands is that you get some
sort of accounting of commands run for "free" in syslog which i think is
kinda nice.

Although - using ACLs is may be a more elegant solution since it should
help lock down some sites where you want junior admins building systems,
but don't trust them with sudo yet.

just my two bits though...

-p

--