[et-mgmt-tools] nopxe.cgi in 1.0?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 9 14:39:33 UTC 2008

John Dunbar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Sorry if I've missed something in the upgrade notes but I've just
> moved from an 8.x to 1.0 and have noticed that nopxe.cgi is missing.
>
> What is the preferred method of changing the netboot_enabled option
> via the postinstall section of kickstart script in 1.0?
>
> Thanks,

The same pxe_just_once variable still is present, except that it is no
longer backed by cgi.  Instead, we use mod_python.

The URLs you should see generated in post are of the form:

http://cobbler.example.com/cblr/svc/op/nopxe/system/$name

Remember, you can look at kickstarts as cobbler generates them by
visiting the URLs

http://cobbler.example.com/cblr/svc/op/ks/profile/$name
OR
http://cobbler.example.com/cblr/svc/op/ks/system/$name

The PXE boot loop prevention magic only applies to per-system kickstarts.

Also if you log in through the Web user interface, you will see a link
to the above URLs.

If you were already using pxe_just_once as a variable in
/etc/cobbler/settings (formerly /var/lib/cobbler/settings), then no change
should be required and the new URLs should be generated instead of the
old ones as long as you continue to use the same
placeholder variables at the bottom of your template, which is simply just:

$kickstart_done

Hopefully that answers the question (or over-answers it :)) -- if you're
still stuck let me know.