[et-mgmt-tools] Enable/Disable netboot for whole profile

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 9 15:03:39 UTC 2008

> What you would recommend as the best way to turn on or off the
> enable-netboot setting for systems assigned to a certain profile.

Ideally we'd run a non-existant command like this:

cobbler system find --profile=foo | xargs cobbler system edit
--netboot-enabled=0

But wait, we can't do that yet!   That's on my nice-to-have list
though.    Thankfully you can do this pretty quickly now with a Python
script:

#!/usr/bin/python
import cobbler.api as capi
api = capi.BootAPI()
systems = api.find_system(profile="parent-name-goes-here",return_list=True)
for s in systems:
    s.set_netboot_enabled(False)
    api.add_system(s)  # save it after changing it

Hopefully that gets a few more people interested in the Cobbler API too :)