[et-mgmt-tools] Virt-manager and bonded nic's

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 19:42:57 UTC 2008

Adrian Revill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have set up a RH Cluster using rhel5.2 and are running bonded nics
> with vlans.
>
> /# brctl show
> bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> virbr0          8000.000000000000       yes
> xenbr0          8000.000e0cc59628       yes             bond1.300
>
>         vif0.0
> xenbr1          8000.000e0cc59628       yes             bond1.400
>
>         vif0.1
> xenbr2          8000.000e0cc59628       yes             bond1.10
>
>         vif0.2
> xenbr3          8000.000000000000       no/
>
> The problem is, virt-manager does not show the bonded interfaces, but
> shows the all the ethx interfaces grayed out.
> This means we cant select a network via virt-manager, but have select a
> virtual network, then manually edit the config file after.

Hi, this should be working upstream: bonding and vlan support was added
in february and is in version 0.5.4:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-manager--devel?cs=6a155cfe437c

However this isn't in the virt-manager version in RHEL 5.2. If you'd like to
see this in RHEL please file a bug requesting this for 5.3.

Thanks,
Cole