[et-mgmt-tools] Just upgraded cobbler to 1.0.2 from epel [ issues ]

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Tue Jun 17 13:06:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 06:01:10AM -0700, Donnie M. enlightened us:

> something crazy just happened when I upgraded from cobbler server 0.802,
> when I did a 'cobbler sync' and 'cobbler reposync' all of my kickstart files in ~/cobbler/kickstarts dissapeared as well as the /profile/ dir, and ~/profiles_list file. is this part of upgrading via rpm?
>
> In the previous versions of cobbler <0.8x when you import media cobbler would create a simple kickstart and *.repo file for the distro. I see that the repo files still get created (good!) but the kickstart generation seems changed.
>
> Can anyone confirm these changes? Or should I at this point wipe my cobbler upgrade and start from scratch?

Kickstart files are now dynamically created, so this is expected behavior.
Michael gave instructions in a message to this list a week or two ago
regarding the URL to get a specific kickstart file. I'd check the archives
if I were you.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak