[et-mgmt-tools] kvm pxe boot again

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 13:02:06 UTC 2008

Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> i try again pxe boot for a guest on out kvm server. the setup:

A random aside...

If this is for an OS that would be reasonable to integrate with Cobbler
(something Unixy) we could add it there and have more deployment
solutions for when PXE isn't possible -- for instance when someone has
no control over DHCP.  If it's for Linux, you can already do that so you
wouldn't need PXE in that case (if you were willing to use Cobbler).

Of course if this is about Windows we can't do that now just yet, but
it's on my todo-list to see how to better make all of that work.  That's
what the image management support is all about (probable integration
with udpcast & the virt-image tools, etc)