[et-mgmt-tools] [Networking Configuration] File not generated?

Ole Ersoy ole.ersoy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 16:49:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

After cobbler pxe installing Fedora 9, I noticed that there was no:
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0

File generated.

In my kickstart file I had the following line:
network --device eth0
        --bootproto static
        --ip $ip_address -
        --netmask 255.255.255.0
        --gateway 192.168.1.1
        --nameserver 192.168.1.1
        --hostname $hostname

So I assumed that that would get translated into a configuration file on the newly installed system.

I also tried creating one manually, and did did:
ifdown eth0
ifup /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0

But the settings are ignored.  Instead the router provides an IP address at from the very beginning of it's address pool, which is 192.168.1.100 (And the static configured IP is 192.168.1.2).

So it seems like the host has been configured to always obtain a DHCP lease.  Ideally the ifcfg-eth0 file would be generated and be used after the first reboot...any ideas on how to make this happen?

Thanks,
- Ole