[et-mgmt-tools] Koan Does VMware (it seems to work here, testing welcome)

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 23:26:57 UTC 2008

Read about how to set it up here.

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/KoanDoesVmware

Having Cobbler managing your PXE infrastructure is a requirement since
this a hybrid install method -- some parameters are pulled from Cobbler
over XMLRPC, others are pulled from PXE (which we expect is Cobbler).

VMware can not be supported to the same level as the libvirt backed
offerings, but this looks pretty good, and I welcome more testing and
feature contributions from heavy users of VMware.   I've only tested
this with the free VMware server.