[et-mgmt-tools] Virt-P2V

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 09:21:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 05:18:12PM -0600, Tameika_Reed at aotx.uscourts.gov wrote:
> I ran the the disk and got the following error:
>
> Sorry, we didn't implement this yet.

This is because support for the "ask" method of network configuration
wasn't implemented in virt-p2v version 0.5 (but it is in newer
versions but they don't support cciss).

I'm going to add support for cciss real soon since it's popular /
important on HP hardware, but it seems like version 0.5 is working for
you at the moment.

BTW, with version 0.5 you'll need to write your own configuration file
to start up the guest.  I suggest you start out with this one:
  http://libvirt.org/format.html#Fully1
and you'll probably have to boot into single user mode on the first
boot and check that /etc/fstab is correct.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v