[et-mgmt-tools] [ANNOUNCE] Cobbler 0.8.2

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 16:48:12 UTC 2008

Hello Cobbler land,

As a result of 0.8.0/1 testing, I've just now built Cobbler 0.8.2 for
Fedora 7/8, devel, and EPEL 4/5.   This is a minor bugfix release.

If you don't want to wait for the mirrors to update, this is also
available at:  http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/download/cobbler-0.8.2-1.src.rpm

The main fix is a change to make the WebUI able to edit repos again.
Also "--path" and "--mirror" (aliases for one another)
both are once again valid options for "cobbler import".

I also have included the aforementioned CGI scripts mentioned in the
earlier FreeLinuxPC email, which will be rewirtten upgraded for Cobbler
0.9.X/1.0.   Consider those previews, and there is some documentation
for those features up on the Wiki.

As Cobbler 0.8 is considered a "stable" branch, we'll continue to update
it for any bugfixes periodically as work continues on 0.9.X.

Thanks to everyone here and on IRC for testing this and contributing
feedback!