[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler patch for sending DHCP option host-name based on system name

Pablo Iranzo Gómez Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 19:25:53 UTC 2008

	Hi, for your consideration:

	Attached is a patch for allowing cobbler to set "option host-name
$SYSTEM_NAME" if the setting isc_set_host_name is set in
/var/lib/cobbler/settings

	What is intended for:

	At my network I've a generic:

	option
host-name=concat("equipo-",substring(binary-to-ascii(10,8,".",leased-address),9,3));

	To set host-names for non-registered computers, using this patch,
I can instruct my computers to use the name registered at cobbler by just
empyting hostname:

#raw
sed -i 's#^HOSTNAME=.*$##g' /etc/sysconfig/network
#end raw

	This way: if a system is registered, it will get cobbler hostname,
if not, will get a generic "equipo-$IP_LAST_BYTE"

	Regards
	Pablo

--
Pablo Iranzo Gómez
(http://Alufis35.uv.es/~iranzo/)

Si se encuentra bien, no se preocupe. Se le pasará