[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler 0.8.x - controlling web gui profile rights?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 17:49:13 UTC 2008

Tom Brown wrote:

>> We've talked about it here and on IRC some.    There is extra limited
>> support for authorization in there now, but there are a few patches
>> in the works that will make this easier, and I want to do some
>> overhauling before I make that the permanent.
>>
>> Currently I'm in the process of cleaning up the authentication
>> system.  The current authz system may then be taken out back and
>> shot, and sometime after then we can look at doing user ownership of
>> objects (like profiles and/or systems) properly.
>>

> thanks - without wanting to pin anyone down do we have any timescales
> for this type of thing? I dont want to advise on a feature that may
> not be delivered for a year ;)

The kerberos stuff should be taken care of in a few months, and with
that, it shouldn't be much of a step to have certain users own objects.
So, not long.   (Yes, we will support more than just kerberos)

Basically at this point in Cobbler's life I'm trying to address the
major features and leaving most of the minor RFE's up to everyone else
to send in patches for, and auth and those use cases is definitely one
of the important items.