[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler cobbler-0.8.0-1.el5 not importing 64bit RHEL 4.6 properly

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 19:15:13 UTC 2008

> is there any way I can force cobbler to acknowledge that it is indeed
> a 64 bit OS that is being imported? is this a "Bug" or a "feature"? I
> only ask this because I have a 32bit RHEL 4.6 import done as well as a
> RHEL 5.1 32 bit and 64 bit import done successfully. It just seems
> strange that cobbler would default a 4u6 import as 32 bit without
> checking it or failing to check it, thats all.
>

> -- thanks!

This is the "official" RHEL 4u6 ISO?  There may be something
wrong/different with the way the directory paths are named.
Email me the results of running "tree /mnt > log.txt" off list and I'll
take a look at it.

Typically Cobbler finds "x86_64" in the path in the appropriate places
and knows to label it appropriately.

In the meantime, you can do the following:

cobbler profile rename --name=old --newname=new
cobbler distro rename --name=old --newname=new --arch=x86

The arch field isn't actually meaningful unless it reads as "ia64", in
which case the network boot features for elilo must be set up
differently, but if you'd prefer to have it correct it is editable.