[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler - webui and reposync

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 16:38:08 UTC 2008

Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> working with cobbler release - 0.8.2
>
> questions/comments:
> 1 - is there a "cgi-bin/cobbler/webui.cgi" file that is supposed to be
> included in the distribution? It doesn't seem to be in GIT, but the
> "wui.html" file points to it.

As mentioned on the list previously, the URL you want is "/cobbler/web/"
for the WebUI.   This is just an error in the link and has been fixed
upstream.

> 2. when running "cobbler reposync" after defining 2 new repos to
> mirrors, error in the definition of the first repo (had a typo) does
> not allow reposync to fall through to the next entry. Would be nice if
> it could trap that error and try the next entry and possibly report at
> the end of the run on successful and unsuccessful syncs.

There's an RFE open on this.

Meanwhile, you can do "cobbler reposync --only=name" for each repo you
want to sync.

> 3. when running "cobbler reposync", send a "Ctrl+c" kills the
> "cobbler" process but it is not trapped and does not kill the
> underlying "reposync" process.

Looks like we should consider trapping SIGINT here.   I'll file an item
in Trac on this.

> 4. would it possible to define an alternate location for the mirrored
> repos, include a note about a bind mount options or both?

Some of this is already documented on the Wiki with respect to
ks_mirror, yes, we can extend it to deal with alternate repo storage
instructions as well.   In fact, it's a Wiki, so feel free to add this
yourself!

Thanks!

--Michael