[et-mgmt-tools] ANNOUNCE: virt-p2v 0.9.7

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 10:44:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:08:19AM +0100, Alexander Todorov wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> |
> | - Remove docs, locales to reduce image size.
>
> How much size does this reduce? I'd prefer having the locales in the
> image for users who don't speak English unless there's a decision
> that this will NOT be localize-able in any case.

It's something like 32 MB in the final, compressed ISO, or about 20%
of the total image size.  The precise files removed and their
(uncompressed) size is documented at the end of the kickstart file:

  rm -rf /usr/share/man		   ;# 20 MB
  rm -rf /usr/share/doc		   ;# 44 MB
  rm -rf /usr/share/locale	   ;# 60 MB

Virt-p2v isn't localized yet anyway, so all you get is English.  It's
on my to-do list though :-)

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top