[et-mgmt-tools] virt-bridge option not working in koan 0.8.0?

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 27 20:06:54 UTC 2008

On Mar 27, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Sandor W. Sklar wrote:
>> Hi, Folks ...
>>
>> I'm just starting to work with koan with the goal of deploying Xen
>> virtual machines. I've got my cobbler server set up and installing
>> physical systems, and its working great.
>>
>> I'm following the wiki page <https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/VirtNetworkingSetupForUseWithKoan
>> >, and at the top, it says "to take advantage of the --virt-bridge
>> parameter, please upgrade to 0.6.1 or higher.
>>
>> My "live" physical interface on this system is "eth2", and so with
>> the xen kernel, I've got the interfaces:
>
> It's an option in Cobbler, but not koan.

Hmm, ok, thanks ... that makes sense, but the wiki page clearly shows
it being used as an option to "koan" ...

	To force a specific choice, or to use a bridge that does not follow
the pethX/ethX convention, you can use --virt-bridge and specify the
name of any bridge you like. Note that this must be a /real/ bridge,
and not a physical interface.

koan --server=bootserver.example.org --profile=RHEL5-i386 --virt --
virt-bridge=peth0