[et-mgmt-tools] unwanted prompt during koan xen install ...

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 27 22:37:50 UTC 2008

I've got my kickstart for rhel5 xen guests defined with the following
disk/partition info:

bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=xvda --append="console=xvc0"
clearpart --all --drives=xvda
part swap --fstype swap --size 512 --ondisk=xvda
part / --fstype ext3 --ondisk=xvda --size=1 --grow

When I run my koan command and connect to the xm console, the install
works perfectly, with one hitch:  I get prompted at the start of
anaconda, with ...

Welcome to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server

                 +-----------------+ Warning +-----------------+
                 | The partition table on device xvda was      |
                 | unreadable. To create new partitions it     |
                 | must be initialized, causing the loss of    |
                 | ALL DATA on this drive.                     |
                 | This operation will override any previous   |
                 | installation choices about which drives     |
                 | to ignore.                                  |
                 | Would you like to initialize this drive,    |
                 | erasing ALL DATA?                           |
                 |        +-----+               +----+         |
                 |        | Yes |               | No |         |

   <Tab>/<Alt-Tab> between elements   |  <Space> selects   |  <F12>
next screen

... and once I click "Yes", the rest of the install runs completely
automated without interaction.  When I build physical systems, via a
similar (but obviously, not identical)  kickstart, I don't have to
interact with the installer at all.  Anything obvious I'm doing wrong
to cause that prompt to get thrown up?

Thanks,
	-s-