[et-mgmt-tools] RHEL 5.1 - Xen 3.2 - 'oddness'

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Mon Mar 31 13:35:34 UTC 2008

Hi

I rebuilt the Xen 3.2 src rpm for x86_64 so that i could run 32bit
guests on my RHEL5.1 64 bit dom0 - It now works and i get can the guests
installed but i have come accross something strange. In cobbler the
params for --virt-ram and --virt-file-size seem ignored. Even though the
profile i have associated with my xen vm's has 20gig disks and 2 gig RAM
the guest is installed with 1gig RAM and 1 gig disk.

If i install a vanilla RHEL5.1 32bit and install the same Xen domU onto
that, ie no changes are made to the guest configuration, then the memory
and disk parameters are followed. There are no errors noted during the
creation of the domU so has anyone seen this before?

thanks