[et-mgmt-tools] New yum module: grouppackagetypes

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Sat May 3 00:30:34 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I was trying to find out how I could install just the mandatory packages
from a package group when using "yum groupinstall ...". I found that I
could add a line to /etc/yum.conf:

group_package_types=mandatory

But I'd like to be able to do it from the command line, i.e. without
editing any files, then having to edit them back. So, I asked on the
#yum IRC channel and it was suggested that I could do this with a yum
plugin.

So, not letting the small matter that I don't really know any python get
in the way, I came up with this:

	http://robinbowes.com/projects/yum-grouppackagetypes

Hope someone else finds it useful.

R.