[et-mgmt-tools] Installing without PXE, and without the live CD -- "cobbler buildiso"

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue May 6 14:18:55 UTC 2008

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
> 	Aaron,
> 	"buildiso" just copies all kernel and initrds not being for xen in an
> ISO for you to burn it and boot your machines, so you've plenty space
> for many many

Indeed you do, although if you want to add only certain profiles, that
is what I have in mind regarding:

cobbler buildiso --profiles=a,b,c,d,e

Though this is only really necessary if you are making images for, say,
32 mb USB sticks from 1997 :)

Putting a single distro on a CD makes a 24 Mb image or so.   Also, if
multiple profiles share the same distro, the kernels/initrds are only
copied once for each distro, not once for each profile.

So this is really a non-issue.

> 	AFAIK it doesn't use the --user to show only profiles owned by you, but
> will need to test latest git code.

Ownership affects who can make changes to objects using the WebUI, but
anyone can always deploy any profile.