[et-mgmt-tools] FYI: major UI changes in virt-manager

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed May 7 15:49:46 UTC 2008

I've just pushed a significant UI change to virt-manager. The per-VM details
and console windows are now merged into  a single tabbed window. The console
is the primary tab, and overview/details tabs are as before. The goal is to
reduce the number of windows on the desktop because with large numbers of
VMs having two windows per VM was non-scalable. Basically we want at most
the one main window, and then 1 window per hypervisor connection and 1
window per virtual machine.

I expect we'll iterate over this UI change to tweak a few more things before
the next release. In particular wrt to fullscreen mode.

Eventually we'll hook up serial/parallel ports as additional tabs on the
VM window too, so everything's in one place.

Regards,
Daniel.
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, Boston   -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|