[et-mgmt-tools] Scientific Linux 4.6 paravirt install works - FC7 or FC8 not

Jens Ahrens jensampol at yahoo.de
Wed May 21 16:39:09 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I'm running FC7 as Dom0 and set up some paravirt SL 4.6 machines with cobbler-0.8.0-1.fc7 and koan-0.8.0-1.fc7. When I tried to setup a FC7 pvm the console output stops at a certain point:

Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 938k

Almost the same result for FC8 - it stops saying:

Determining IP Adress for eth0

and hangs forever. When I set up a dhcp server on Dom0 manually for e.g. the FC8-Install the installation goes fairly automatically (some queries that a package can't be found - after retrying it is found).
My question why does a SL4.6 install work without a dedicated dhcp server and  FC7 or FC8 do not?

Thanks for any help,
Cheers,
Jens