[et-mgmt-tools] TFTP open timeout troubleshooting

Ole Ersoy ole.ersoy at gmail.com
Fri May 23 18:33:38 UTC 2008

> The nice thing about using dnsmasq instead of named and isc dhcp
> is that all your VMs automatically get added to your dns without any
> extra work on your part.

I'm sold!  I'm actually reading through the man page right now to figure it how to replace ISC DHCP, since it helps with the host name configuration as well.  I also got past the TFTP open timeout by turning off the firewall all together.  I was using the Fedora KDE firewall configuration GUI, and did add the 25*** ports, but when I did an nmap -sU and nmap -sS I did not see them open, so that's probably what it was.

I'll try defining a profile next.  Hopefully the wheel turns full circle.

Thanks again,
- Ole