[et-mgmt-tools] CentOS 4 Cobbler Server Hosting CentOS 5 Repository

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri May 30 22:22:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Demetri Mouratis <dmourati at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Under 5, there are no longer RPMS or base directories.
>>>

>> That is a change in how EL-4 and EL-5 layed out their packages. The
>> older anaconda used  oneway and the newer one did not.
>>

>>> What is going on here?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> -D
>>>
>>> I think that the createrepo command under CentOS4 is having trouble
>>> doing the right thing.
>>
>> Unknown at this time..  what version of createrepo are you using?
>>

> # rpm -q createrepo
> createrepo-0.4.4-2

Hmmm my brain thinks it remembers something about that. I have 0.4.11
on my EL-5 servers for some reason. Could you try the following rpm to
see if it helps?

http://smooge.fedorapeople.org/alpha/EL-4/createrepo-0.4.11-1.el4.noarch.rpm

and let me know if that fixes the issue?

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux