[et-mgmt-tools] KVM, Virt-manager and virtio

Arutyunyan Ruben ruben_arutyunyan at shl.ru
Wed Nov 12 14:25:12 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

i just recently installed KVM(on Ubuntu 8.04) and virt-manager was of great help when i had to deploy few Win 2003 guests. The only problem i have now is networking. I use bridged network and its fine xept one thing - its 100 mbit. What i need is 1 Gbs link(my network card allows that). Seems to fully utilise nw card i need to install virtio network device, then drivers for it from Windows and be a happy. I found this how-to http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/tip-how-setup-windows-guest-paravirtual-network-drivers , but i dont understand how to make virtio device available for guest if i dont start machine manually via command line, but want to incorporate it into xml.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ruben