Réf. : Re: [et-mgmt-tools] Howto configure shared physical device without GUI

Stephan stephan at fishycam.com
Wed Nov 19 16:14:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

I think you can just edit /etc/vmbuilder/libvirt/libvirtxml.tmpl

Replace the <interface type='network'> ... </interface> section with this:

 <interface type='bridge'>
 	<mac address='%MAC%'/>
 	<source bridge='br0'/>
 </interface>

That's the template for new virtual machines as I understand it anyway.

Then when you create the virtual machines, you give them real IP addresses
and it all just works (it's different for NAT I guess, but I'm not using
NAT).

I hope that helps a bit. The others can correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,

Stephan Hughson