[et-mgmt-tools] virt-install fails if http server has directory indexes turned off

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 14:40:20 UTC 2008

Orion Poplawski wrote:
> def acquireKernel(baseuri, progresscb, scratchdir="/var/tmp", type=None,
>                    distro=None, arch=None):
>      fetcher = _fetcherForURI(baseuri, scratchdir)
>
>      try:
>          fetcher.prepareLocation(progresscb)
>      except ValueError, e:
>          raise ValueError, _("Invalid install location: ") + str(e)
>

> Here we're attempting to download the base directory to test whether the
> location is valid.  This seems unnecessary and fails if the server has
> disabled directory listings.

This has been fixed upstream, I changed prepareLocation to not
try to grab the directory list, just check for it's existence
using fetcher.hasFile:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virtinst--devel?cs=24a96e544e8e

I don't know of a tree with disabled directory listings, so if
you could verify, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cole