[et-mgmt-tools] Adding a bridged network interface when creating a VM as a non-root user.

Chris Dew cmsdew at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 8 17:49:58 UTC 2008

I've just started using virt-manager and kvm.  Apologies if the answer to
this question can be found on the mailling list archive - I didn't find it
easy to search.

Package: virt-manager
Version: 0.5.4-2ubuntu
Architecture: amd64
Kernel: 2.6.27-7-server

I've successfully created a VM (as root) to which I've managed to add a
bridged ethernet interface.

When I create a machine as a non-root user, the add hardware screen contains
options to add a Storage Device, Input Device or Graphics Device. The option
to add a Network Device (present as root) is missing.

Is there any way to make the Network Device option appear (for non-root
users)?

Thanks,

Chris.