[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manager: exception when connecting to URI with already running VMs

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Thu Oct 2 17:30:25 UTC 2008

Hi,
when opening virt-manager and doubleclicking on the previously definded
qemu:///system connection which has an already running vm I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/stow/virt-manager/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 540, in hw_selected
    self.refresh_config_cpu()
  File "/usr/local/stow/virt-manager/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 771, in refresh_config_cpu
    self.window.get_widget("state-host-cpus").set_text("%d" % self.vm.get_connection().host_active_processor_count())
  File "/usr/local/stow/virt-manager/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 615, in host_active_processor_count
    return self.hostinfo[2]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

This does not happen when all vms are off. Reason is that we're
accessing hostinfo before it has been filled in vmmConnection.tick().
Cheers,
 -- Guido