[et-mgmt-tools] virt-p2v issue

Mike Raley mraley at globalclassroom.us
Thu Oct 9 12:38:26 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I am attempting to use virt-p2v to move a physical server to a xen
instance.  The Xen box is CentOS 5.2 fully updated and running Xen.  The
server to migrate is also CentOS 5.2 fully updated.  Everything appears to
work entirely fine with the process.  However, during copying it errors out
with the following error:

Unix.Unix_error(13, "read", "")

at which point the machine is frozen and I have no resort except to reboot.
I have tried varying parameters, even going to a test server to migrate, to
no effect.  Unfortunately, googling the issue has not brought any level of
success.  Has anyone experienced this issue before or have any thoughts or
suggestions?  This is an excellent tool that will save me alot of time in
migration, so I would really like to find a way to make this work.

Many thanks!
Mike