[et-mgmt-tools] using virtinstall--devel and bus type option.

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 13:36:15 UTC 2008

FCOMBERNOUS at ares.fr wrote:
> Lo,
>
> As indicated i get the source with mercurial :
> hg clone http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virtinst--devel

When did you clone the repo? Just yesterday I committed a
few more patches from Guido that fixed up some of the code
to do with the 'bus' option, so you may be running in to
issues that have been fixed. Try:

cd virtinst--devel
hg pull
hg update
python setup.py install

Then see if the bus option isn't working. If not, report
back here.

> After this i read the INSTALL file, so i used the command :
>  python setup.py install
>
> All looks to be ok.
>
> But, when i use virt-install, i don't have acces to the new options about
> disk. The new syntax permit to choose bus type for device.
>
> When i have a look in the pod file this option "--disk
> opt1=val1,opt2=val2,..." is indicated, but in the man it is not.
> And virt-install doesn't use the new syntax. And the tool virt-install
> doesn't know the new syntax.

The man page is generated from the pod file, but it hasn't
been refreshed to sync up yet. The pod file is the correct
version.

Thanks,
Cole