[et-mgmt-tools] Create option missing from virt-manager

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Sun Sep 14 20:47:51 UTC 2008

Roy wrote:
> I am running virt-manager on CentOS 5.2 system.  It will not allow me to
> create a virtual machine.  The option is missing from the "File" menu.

Hmm, what exactly do you mean 'not allow'?

Also, there is no option under the file menu to add a new
VM, this is typically launched by the 'New' button on the
bottom row of the main virt-manager window. You first
need to connect to the hypervisor for this to be active
though, so right click on the entry the 'Xen' entry and hit
'Connect'. The new button should now be sensitive.

> The command
>
>    virt-manager --show-domain-creator

This is known busted in 5.2, there is a bug filed for this
to be fixed but it hasn't been determined yet if this will
be fixed for 5.3.

Thanks,
Cole