[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manager 0.6.0 problem in install script for omf.make ?

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Sun Sep 14 21:09:31 UTC 2008

Emre Erenoglu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to install virt-manager for my distro (Pardus 2008).
> However, I faced a strange issue, possibly a bug, maybe in
> virt-manager, maybe in Pardus itself:
>
> *Introduction:*
> Pardus 2008's scrollkeeper keeps the state data in the following
> directories:
>
> emre at voyager virt-manager-0.6.0 $ scrollkeeper-config --localstatedir
> /var
> emre at voyager virt-manager-0.6.0 $ scrollkeeper-config --pkglocalstatedir
> /var/scrollkeeper
>
> However, when the build is completed and install script starts, the
> turn comes to the following section in omf.make file:
>
> install-data-hook-omf:
>         $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(omf_dest_dir)
>         for file in $(omffile); do \
>                 $(INSTALL_DATA) $$file.out
> $(DESTDIR)$(omf_dest_dir)/$$file; \
>         done
>         -scrollkeeper-update -p $(scrollkeeper_localstate_dir) -o
> $(DESTDIR)$(omf_dest_dir)
>
> This scrollkeeper-update command segfaults at this stage. I found that
> the command issued during the package build/install is:
>
> scrollkeeper-update -p /var/lib/scrollkeeper -o
> /var/pisi/virt-manager-0.6.0-1/install/usr/share/omf/virt-manager
>
> This shows that the statedir is /var/lib/scrollkeeper instead of the
> /var/scrollkeeper.
>
> Do you have an idea why this can happen?

Seems like configure is thinking the intended localstatedir is
/var/lib. Try running configure with '--localstatedir=/var'

> Note: It also segfaults when I do an install to /usr/local (Default),
> giving another segfault with this command:
> scrollkeeper-update -p /usr/local/var/scrollkeeper -o
> /usr/local/share/omf/virt-manager

If that command segfaults, it must be a scrollkeeper issue.
Maybe we are feeding it invalid input in some manner.
I'd recommend filing a bug with your distro.

Let us know if you get it to work,
Cole