Re: [et-mgmt-tools] [patch] virt-convert add disk signature into virt-image format export

It helps code readability if spacing is reasonably
consistent throughout.

Hmm, so I just tried the above. What that is essentially
trying to do is read the entire disk into memory, then
pass it off as a giant string to the sha function. Clearly
this is not a workable solution. This also applies to
the virt-image hash changes as well. Haven't looked into
the correct way to do it though.

This is also a rather large performance drain. So at the
very least it should not be the default. That said, I
don't know the optimal way to expose this option, or
even if we should.

I think this will become important as we look to distribute the appliances either via RHN or on public sites. Also.. this makes us a bit more consistent with OVF.

I am fine with making it off by default, and then causing the command line to turn it on.

-- bk
I'd rather it be right than kill performance and make it unusable at best, should the imagefile be bigger than the machines memory. If we outsource it to run a system command is that feasible, since we're dealing with big files? I know Cole was against that originally. I'll keep looking for a better way and cleanup the variables as well. Making it off by default is probably best too.