[et-mgmt-tools] virt-p2v and linux software raid.

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 19:42:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 07:23:22PM -0400, Brandon Perkins wrote:
> I was wondering if there is any progress on getting linux software raid
> support.  I'm not really qualified to help with patches, but I'd be more
> than happy to test any patches to get this functionality in.  It appears
> I have a similar setup where I have three physical drives, three
> identical partitions in a software RAID-1 (/boot), three identical
> partitions for swap, and three identical partitions in a software RAID-5
> (/).  And of course it bails out because it doesn't understand the
> software raid type.

Sorry I wasn't concentrating very hard on this list for the past
couple of weeks.

virt-p2v doesn't understand RAID devices at all.  There's no real
limitation here, it's just that you're the first person who has asked
about it.

Can you open a bug report, and also send the virt-p2v.log file from
your attempted installation.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v