[et-mgmt-tools] Configuration of the virt-manager

lugs at linuxmaker.de lugs at linuxmaker.de
Thu Feb 26 09:44:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm looking now already since days after the configuration of
virt-manager on Debian, but found nothing on the internet or any literature.
I now have a machine on Debian/Lenny with KVM and wants use here virtual
machines on logical volumes. With virt-manager should indeed be a breeze, but
it is not, because the configuration of virt-manager is still opaque to me.

If I have virt-manager and the traces on the workstation installed the program
I want to start now, I get the messages

Unable to open connection to hypervisor URI 'qemu+ssh://192.168.0.3/system':
<class 'libvirt.libvirtError'> Die Verbindung wurde vom Kommunikationspartner
zurückgesetzt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 486, in
_open_thread
    None], flags)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 99, in openAuth
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirtError: Die Verbindung wurde vom Kommunikationspartner zurückgesetzt

I assume that the /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf on the workstation and
possibly on the KVM-server must be configured accordingly.
But now I don't know how. Also tell me the URI syntax not so much.
Is what I intend "qemu + ssh: / /" the right thing? Have I "/ system" on
192.168.0.3 to establish or it is a directory or it is a service?

So I would have a little more explanatory information very grateful, as
what man virt-manager or info virt-manager offer. And the Internet
unfortunately, also provides not so much.

Many thanks

Andreas