Re: [et-mgmt-tools] VMs do not show up in virt-manager - Ubuntu

> I created some KVM VMs with "virsh define"
> I can open it with virt-viewer and vms are working fine.
>
> But I can't see them on virt-manager. What am I doing wrong ?
> The configuration is not automatic?
>
> Host: Ubuntu 8.04 64bits
> Guests: ubuntu 8.04 64bits
> virt-manager (0.5.3)

My guess is you aren't using the same URI between the two.

To see the libvirt URI you are using from virt-manager:

Run virt-manager
Double click the connection row whose URI you want to see
Edit->Connection Details

To see the libvirt URI you are using with virsh:

Run 'virsh uri'

Hope that helps,
Cole

Hi Cole, your tip works perfectly. Thanks a lot!

The connection was set to qemu:///sessions. When I change to localhost on virt-manager, it worked.
Default URI should be qemu:///system

Now I can see running VMs, but I can't see their definition in order to start them using exclusively virt-manager.

How can I achieve this ?
And where this virt-manager settings were stored ?

Thanks again.
Josir.