[et-mgmt-tools] How to get virsh console working on KVM

When consoling to my KVM guest, I'm not getting the expected result, which is to be placed on the login prompt, instead I get this:

[root N1-I-FKVM-01 ~]# virsh list
 Id Name                 State
  9 N1ICOB01             running
 26 SPWALKTEST           running
 29 N1IASMGT01           running

[root N1-I-FKVM-01 ~]# virsh console 29
Connected to domain N1IASMGT01
Escape character is ^]

I modified the /etc/inittab of the guest to include a ttyS0 terminal and I allowed it via /etc/securetty. What other steps are missing? I would especially like to get this working during the installation of the KVM guest, so that I don't have to resort to virt-manager.

Thanks